Contact us today:
Ann Arbor, Michigan – GMTA (German Machine Tools of America) represents various top-quality German metalworking machine builders, including Profilator, Pittler, Praewema and WMZ. These machines are sold to the North American market by GMTA primarily for gear and spline production, as well as other power transmission applications. The company’s target markets include automotive, off-highway, OCTG and other heavy equipment manufacturing. Machines are provided for gear honing, gear grinding, Scudding®, polygon milling, turning, gear tooth pointing and multiple machining operations.
In the news…
– The renovation of the GMTA facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan is now complete with plans in the works for future expansion of the campus. Additional floorspace, showroom capacity and training facilities, plus more personnel, are planned, according to company VP Scott Knoy. In that regard, two personnel announcements were made by GMTA company President Walter Friedrich on August 1. Doug VanDeven is now GMTA Parts Manager and Shawn Wilkin is now GMTA Service Manager. As Friedrich remarked, “These two positions are essential parts of our business, as they reflect our company’s image to our customers.”
– GMTA will be exhibiting at Gear Expo in Indianapolis in September.
– All the member groups of GMTA will be exhibiting at EMO in Hannover, Germany in September. GMTA representatives Walter Friedrich and Scott Knoy will attend.
– A major sale was recently secured on the Chrysler nine-speed transmission program.
– GMTA will now represent K+G (Kristen + Goermann) carbide inserts, toolholders and cutters, plus offer a new line of GMTA Scudding® tools. An agreement negotiation to represent Naxos grinding wheels and hone rings is underway at this time, as well.
For more information on this announcement, please contact:
GMTA (German Machine Tools of America)
4630 Freedom Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Attention: Scott Knoy, VP
Connect with GMTA online: