Ann Arbor, Michigan – GMTA (German Machine Tools of America) represents various top-quality German and other metalworking machine builder companies, including Profilator GmbH, Praewema, K + G, Rasoma, FIMAT and BvL, as well as Arnold lasers and other equipment. These machines are sold to the North American market by GMTA, primarily for gear and spline production, as well as other power transmission and various metalworking applications. The company’s target markets include automotive, off-highway, energy and other heavy equipment manufacturing. Machines are provided for gear honing, gear grinding, the patented Scudding® and now the game-changing Hard Scudding® process for gearmaking, polygon milling, turning, gear tooth pointing and multi-task machining operations, as well as various laser operations or fully-engineered machine tool and laser line integration. This newsletter is provided to our friends in the media to keep you and your readers updated on “News of Note” at GMTA.
In the news…
GMTA Vice President Scott Knoy addresses the annual sales meeting of Star SU on April 8, 2016.
- Scott Knoy, our VP, spoke on April 8 to the national sales meeting of Star SU, partner to GMTA for tooling.
- GMTA is entering the printed circuit assembly grinding arena with a new machine. Testing is currently under way.
- GMTA is exploring the gundrilling market, with an eye on bringing such a line to the North American market.
- GMTA has secured a booth in the South Hall at IMTS and will be presenting its full line to the global metalworking market at this event in September, 2016.
GMTA Mexico exhibited BvL parts cleaning technology and our full line of machine tool and laser offerings at ExpoMaq in Leon.
- Our Mexican team exhibited at ExpoMaq with great success, showing a Bvl parts washer. We are now the exclusive representative for this line in Mexico. The new Queretaro facility of GMTA Mexico is already serving our considerable install base of machine tools and other equipment in-country with application engineering, sales and a full service operation.
- Hard Scudding® continues to impress the industry. With this unique technology, green and hardened gears can be machined on the same equipment, with a programming software unmatched in the industry for accuracy and consistent performance.
- Caterpillar selected our Rasoma machine line for a major insourcing on a bushing initiative.
- GMTA Scudding technology was selected for development of ring gears by GM.
- Likewise, GM has chosen GMTA to collaborate on super finishing and new gear honing projects.
- The company website www.gmtamerica.com has been updated to reflect all the new lines of equipment we currently handle for the North American market, from our locations in Ann Arbor, Michigan and Mexico.
- Magna selected GMTA for its Audi Heavy-Duty Flex Program.
- GMTA continues its application on the 9-speed transmission work at Chrysler.
- Arnold lasers are being used for cutting, cladding, welding and out-of-round part work, all with standard machines. The laser head articulates around the part, rather than the part being turned on a table.
- Major automotive supplier GKN is utilizing our FIMAT machines at two facilities in North Carolina for grinding and milling of U-joints.
- Ford has purchased a proprietary machine design for its gear lab in Livonia, Michigan.
- GMTA was recently featured in Production Machining and other magazines for its customer successes and breakout technologies.
- GMTA is a sponsor of the upcoming AGMA annual meeting on Amelia Island, Florida. We are very proud of our long association with this great group of gearheads!
For more information on any items in this announcement, please contact:
GMTA (GERMAN MACHINE TOOLS OF AMERICA)
4630 Freedom Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Attention: Scott Knoy, VP